By now you know that Donald Trump has dropped out of the Fox News debate—turning his back on the voters of Iowa.
Instead of answering our fair and balanced questions, he has chosen to viciously attack my colleague Megyn Kelly. She is a fine journalist, a wife and a mother.
His repugnant words will not be repeated here.
What kind of a conservative would say such things about a lady? What kind of a man would say such things?
Surely such words do not reflect the "New York values" that Mr. Trump so cherishes.
Fox News released a statement that reads in part: "Capitulating to politicians' ultimatums about a debate moderator violates all journalistic standards."
The statement continues:
"We're not sure how Iowans are going to feel about him walking away from them at the last minute, but it should be clear to the American public by now that this is rooted in one thing—Megyn Kelly, whom he has viciously attacked since August and has now spent four days demanding be removed from the debate stage. Capitulating to politicians' ultimatums about a debate moderator violates all journalistic standards, as do threats, including the one leveled by Trump's campaign manager Corey Lewandowski toward Megyn Kelly.
In a call on Saturday with a Fox News executive, Lewandowski stated that Megyn had a 'rough couple of days after that last debate' and he 'would hate to have her go through that again.' Lewandowski was warned not to level any more threats, but he continued to do so. We can't give in to terrorizations toward any of our employees."
And yet, in spite of Mr. Trump's loutish behavior—Fox News says he is still welcome to debate. And he will be treated fairly.
All things considered, it is a generous offer.
So Mr. Trump—the invitation still stands. But you will not be given special treatment.
In the words of Clemson University football Coach Dabo Swinney—we can't give you heart, Mr. Trump. We can't give you guts.
No, sir. The Fox News Channel is hosting a BYOG debate.
Bring your own guts. We'll take care of the questions.
Todd Starnes is host of "Fox News & Commentary," heard on hundreds of radio stations. Sign up for his American Dispatch newsletter, be sure to join his Facebook page and follow him on Twitter. His latest book is The Deplorables' Guide to Making America Great Again.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details