There's really no way to sugarcoat this, moms and dads—your recent college graduate may be dumber than dirt.
A recent survey showed that nearly 10 percent of recent college graduates say that TV star Judith Sheindlin is on the Supreme Court.
Yes, friends—our best and brightest seem to think that Judge Judy sits on the highest court in the land.
Parents, your child's B.A. may in fact be a bunch of bull.
The American Council of Trustees and Alumni said their survey uncovered a "crisis in American civic education."
The ACTA describes itself as an independent organization committed to academic freedom, excellence and accountability at America's colleges and universities.
Their findings reveal "that recent college graduates are alarmingly ignorant of America's history and heritage."
That could explain why an avowed socialist like Bernie Sanders is giving Hillary Clinton a run for her money.
In its reporting on the study, US magazine reports that students could not identify the father of the U.S. Constitution or name one of our First Amendment Rights.
And that could explain a why a frightening number of college students support curbing free speech.
Last November, Pew Research Center released a survey that showed 40 percent of Americans between the ages of 18 and 34 believe the government should be able to ban any speech that is offensive to minority groups.
For what it's worth, kids—the "Right to Bear Arms" has nothing to do with limbs or opposable thumbs.
And that brings us to the nearly 10 percent of American college kids who think Judge Judy is on the Supreme Court—holding forth with Justice Scalia and Justice Thomas and the one who always falls asleep during President Obama's speeches.
I suspect some of the young people surveyed have probably been defendants in Judge Judy's television courtroom.
She said something during one recent episode that relates to our current topic of discussion.
"I'm older—smarter," she told one of the simpletons. "If you live to be a 120 you're not gonna be as smart as I am in one finger."
To be honest with you—that's really not a bad idea—appointing Judge Judy to the highest court in the land. It seems to me they could use a good dose of commons sense in that court room.
It should really not be that much of a surprise that our taxpayer-funded universities and colleges are churning out boatloads of ignoramuses.
They've been too busy coping with micro-aggressions and finding safe spaces and making up new genders.
We've gone from the Greatest Generation to the stupidest.
Todd Starnes is host of "Fox News & Commentary," heard on hundreds of radio stations. Sign up for his American Dispatch newsletter, be sure to join his Facebook page and follow him on Twitter. His latest book is The Deplorables' Guide to Making America Great Again.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details