The president of these United States is not too happy with your friendly neighborhood columnist.
President Obama took me and my Fox News colleagues to the woodshed—during a speech at Georgetown University.
It's unclear whether the White House made the Catholic school cover up Jesus—like they did back in 2009. But that's a topic for another commentary.
Anyway—the president was blathering on about how all of us folks here at the Fox News Corner of the World are a bunch of anti-poor people bigots. He said we portray the poor as "sponges" and "leeches."
"I have to say that if you watch Fox News on a regular basis, it is a constant venue," said the president, who sends his children to a posh private school and whose wife jets off to exotic vacations on the taxpayer dime.
"They will find folks who make me mad," he said about us. "I don't know where they find them. They're all like, 'I don't want to work. I just want a free Obama Phone, or whatever.' And that becomes an entire narrative that gets worked up. And very rarely do you hear an interview of a waitress, which is much more typical—who is raising a couple of kids and doing everything right but still can't pay the bills."
He went on to say that he wants to change how America's journalists do their jobs.
"[W]e're going to have to change how our body politic thinks, which means we're going to have to change how the media reports on these issues," the president said.
I'm afraid our Constitutional Law Professor turned Commander in Chief is not aware of something called the First Amendment. That's the one that says "Keep your Saul Alinsky, community-organizing paws out of our newsrooms."
Stand down on your threats, Mr. President. It really is beneath the dignity of the office.
Todd Starnes is host of "Fox News & Commentary," heard on hundreds of radio stations. Sign up for his American Dispatch newsletter, be sure to join his Facebook page, and follow him on Twitter. His latest book is God Less America.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details