On Tuesday morning House Speaker John Boehner told Republicans he was outraged and frustrated at the lawless and unconstitutional actions of the White House. By Tuesday afternoon, Speaker Boehner had capitulated, giving in to the demands of Democrats that he put forward a clean funding bill for the Department of Homeland Security.
I believe that's called, "aiding and abetting."
As a result of the cowardice of establishment Republicans, President Obama's immigration policies—the ones that will fundamentally transform the nation—will not be rolled back.
Congressman Tim Huelskamp of Kansas called it an unconstitutional surrender to the president. Seventy-five Republican cronies joined Speaker Boehner, deciding to side with illegal immigrants over law-abiding American taxpayers.
Congressman Huelskamp and dozens of other conservatives stood their ground, even though House leadership targeted them with a $400,000 ad campaign.
If only Speaker Boehner spent as much time and money attacking President Obama as he does conservatives.
Fortunately, conservatives like Mr. Huelskamp and Jim Jordan of Ohio have a backbone and intestinal fortitude—something sorely lacking among Republicans in Name Only.
And that is why John Boehner needs to go. Republicans need to appoint leadership that will advance the will of the people. I don't know about you, folks but I'm tired of politicians campaigning as Republicans and governing as Democrats.
Todd Starnes is host of "Fox News & Commentary," heard on hundreds of radio stations. Sign up for his American Dispatch newsletter, be sure to join his Facebook page, and follow him on Twitter. His latest book is God Less America.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer