Several years ago, I was sitting in a restaurant. A woman approached me and asked why I had blue hair. I started giving her my testimony of how I had been healed from Lou Gehrig's disease.
This sweet, older woman then became enraged; she said that her friend had died from Lou Gehrig's disease but, unlike myself, she was a righteous woman who deserved to be healed. So there was no way that God would heal me and not her friend because she was a holier person than I ever thought of being. She then made various threats of how she would expose me as a liar. After a few, unsuccessful attempts of trying to calm her down, I left the restaurant.
There is a lesson to be learned from this situation. The lesson isn't what you may be thinking, that this woman shouldn't judge a book by its cover. This woman was correct because at the time of my healing, I have no doubt that her friend was by far a better person than I was. The misperception on this woman's part was believing that healing is somehow based on our righteousness.
We can accept that going to heaven isn't based on our righteousness. However, when it comes to healing, we think God is looking at our actions to decide if we deserve to be healed. No person would ever be healed if that were true. We've all fallen short, and our righteousness is as filthy rags. Our actions by themselves could never match up to God's scrutiny.
Most of us do not understand true righteousness and the effect it could have on our physical health when we have a deeper understanding of our right standing with God. Listen to the podcast episode, Sickness Slaying Righteousness, to hear more about this woman's misconception and the impact that the righteousness of Jesus should have on our physical bodies.
Tony Myers is the founder of Outside the 4 Walls Ministry. Tony is the author of The Lord Jesus Healed Me, Journey of an atheist to the Truth, Unlocking the Mystery of Divine Healing, Divine Healing DIY, Yes You Can, Knocking Food off its Pedestal and Pushing the Boundaries in Christ, Living Supernaturally. His website is tonybelieves.com.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details