The United Supreme Court's decision this past week to refuse to block the Texas heartbeat law has left the Biden administration in a state of dismay if not outright shock. And it has the liberal White House scrambling as to what will be its next move in the never-ending fight to keep Roe v. Wade alive.
The law, which prohibits most abortions after 6 weeks and went into effect on Wednesday, was drafted by Texas lawmakers with the goal of frustrating efforts to challenge it in federal court.
Judging from the reactions in the White House press conferences conducted by Press Secretary Jen Psaki, the strategy seems to be working.
Frantic in response to reporters who were equally panicked at the dramatic ruling regarding the Texas "heartbeat law," Psaki began by saying, "The effort and the focus of the federal government is to look for every resource, every level at our disposal to ensure that women in Texas have the ability to seek health care."
The abortion issue visibly pushed Psaki into a corner and into panic mode.
"He (Joe Biden) believes that it is a woman's right, a woman's body, her choice," Psaki said. "He believes it is up to a woman to make those decisions and make those decisions with her doctor. I know you have never faced those choices, nor have you been pregnant, but for women out there who have faced those choices, this is an incredibly difficult thing, and the president believes that their rights should be respected. Go ahead. I think we need to move on. You have had plenty of time today."
She nearly screamed at the next reporter's question.
The room then took on a dark tone as reporter after reporter, presumably the liberal ones, looked to Psaki for some kind of reassurance that Biden would do something about the Supreme Court's decision. The atmosphere got even uglier when this question was directly posed:
"As a Catholic, how does Joe Biden reconcile standing up for abortion in this manner?"
Refusing to answer the question and others that followed it about the abortion issue and then Afghanistan, a clearly agitated Psaki did her best to remain in control.
At a time following debacle after debacle within the country and throughout the world, those defending life and the love of the Lord Jesus Christ smiled at each other across the White House Press Room. They remained confident that, in the time of great crisis, God is answering our prayers, as He always has.
Follow breaking news like this and more in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details