God is raising up leaders with the heart of David who will build houses of glory that become hubs for God's kingdom purposes in regions across the earth. These "presence pioneers" will not build churches and ministries around programs and entertainment but around the very manifestation of God's presence and glory. Jesus Himself will take center stage as His supernatural power flows through communities led by spiritual fathers and mothers, not controlled by religious organizational leaders. The establishment of these presence-centered communities depends on apostolic and prophetic leaders who will take their place in building ministries with the blueprints the Holy Spirit is highlighting in this season of the church.
Jeremiah Johnson, a prophet and author who became well-known from his prophetic words about the presidency of Donald Trump, joins Presence Pioneers on Charisma Podcast Network to discuss the blueprints for these emerging "houses of glory" on Episode 86 of the Presence Pioneers podcast.
King David gives us a biblical prototype of one who builds a house of glory in his generation. If God is raising up Davidic leaders in our day, we can expect them to endure a similar process that the Lord led David through, including a time of serving under an unhealthy leader. David was required to honor and serve King Saul before he entered fully into his own personal destiny. Many young visionaries, dreamers and pioneers do not know how to handle distressing seasons of testing. However, these painful seasons are vitally important in preparing the hearts of emerging leaders to walk in humility and compassion.
Johnson gives a prophetic word to pioneers: "Maybe God called you to Saul for a season to get the Saul out of you." He goes on to share that one of the ways God redeems our experience under unhealthy leadership is by allowing us to avoid treating others the same way that we had been treated. To learn more about how to respond to the "Sauls" in your life, check out the podcast!
Matthew Lilley is an author, worship leader, intercessor and Bible teacher with a passion for God's presence, extravagant worship and prayer and a desire to see cities transformed by Jesus. In 2004 he founded Presence Pioneers to help fulfill his calling to connect, equip and plant presence-centered Christian communities. He has helped launch two houses of prayer in North Carolina and has also served in national leadership roles in worship and prayer movements such as Burn 24-7 and Awaken the Dawn. Check out his new book, David's Tabernacle: How God's Presence Changes Everything.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details