The enemy is going to use the power of your words! Whatever comes out of your mouth will either bring you into agreement with God or into an agreement with the devil. Proverbs 18:21 (NIV) says it like this: "The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit."
You may ask, "How do I know it is the voice of God I am hearing?" God is the revealer of all mysteries! It is important to pray for the Holy Spirit to reveal the unknown, for a divine revelation from Him.
To be able to hear from God, you must have a relationship with Him. Understanding how He communicates is crucial to recognizing His voice. He communicates so different from us. His understanding no one can fathom! He knows the answer; however, He often will communicate using a question.
Reflect on these examples in the Bible:
In the garden, God asks Adam and Eve, "Where are you?"
Jesus asked the man at the pool, "Do you want to be healed?"
He asked the woman at the well, "Can you give me some water?"
You see, God knows the answer, but He asks a question so that we can have an understanding and a realization of His truth.
Having an encounter with God and hearing the voice of God is not enough for you to have the salvation of God! The direction of your heart must be in alignment with God. You must obey the Word of God. A change in your heart has to take place.
You must be aware that people can hear from God but still operate out of the spirit of witchcraft. Some people are like a light switch; they can be operating in the demonic, and then operating in the prophetic. Their heart is not in alignment with God's will.
It is so important to hear and obey what God speaks to you personally. Sometimes we think we are going in the right direction, but we keep hitting the wall. We can go nowhere without God's will. If you are operating out of your own wisdom and stubborn pride, you are going to be in a maze with no way out. Are you feeling stuck today?
Are you ready to recognize the difference between the demonic and prophetic? Are you ready to surrender your pride and let God lead you out of the maze? This is why we must understand how to hear the voice of God!
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details