Peter asked Jesus to call him out upon the stormy sea so that he could also walk supernaturally with him. Jesus said, "Come" (Matt. 14:28-29).
In this season of many challenges and a lack of ability for the church to meet together in its usual ways, we are being called upon to creatively reach others by methods we may never have utilized before.
In other words, where we might be tempted to make excuses or to ease up on our forward march for the kingdom, God is actually ramping up the call to reach out to the hearts of lost people with even more urgency and passion. Those who have never made a Zoom call or a YouTube video, done a live Facebook post or utilized Instagram are now doing these things and searching for more digital outlets for ministry. Churches are perfecting their online worship services and planning to continue them even after they resume face-to- face meetings so that their actual community will be far larger than before.
God is on the move. Many are reporting that one thing is happening fast on top of another, though this should be a time of being stymied. Instead the intensity of the Spirit's call and anointing to fulfill it appear to be increasing.
Amos 9:13 (MSG) presents a word for Israel that seems to be for many in these times: "Things are going to happen so fast your head will swim, one thing fast on the heels of the other. You won't be able to keep up. Everything will be happening at once—and everywhere you look, blessings! Blessings like wine pouring off the mountains and hills."
If we will keep pace with Holy Spirit and not be afraid of the new things to which He directs us, the church may very well enter into a prophesied time of its greatest harvest of lives.
Listen for more about God's wonderful way of calling us to new, perhaps a bit scary assignments, then giving us what we need for them as we are attentive, prayerful and take risks in this interview with Joel Yount, co-founder of Spirit Fuel, here.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details