First things first: I love the Millennials. I think they belong to such a great generation. Their ability to think outside of the box and their willingness to create is very inspiring. I talk to a lot of Millennials. I work with a lot of Millennials. I even coach a lot of Millennials. I believe there is a lot of opportunity for them to be successful. The table has been set for them to achieve great and mighty things. But I also believe there are a few things that are problematic for them.
Through my time of research, mentoring and working with this generation, I have compiled a list of the Top 5 Reasons Millennials Quit Their Jobs. In one of my latest episodes of the Next Level Podcast With Michael McIntyre, I discuss the list and shed some light on solutions that I believe can and will propel them to greater opportunity in the workplace.
A common theme that I found in the list was the real struggle of having different views, likes and opinions as other people in the workplace. Let me give you a nugget of wisdom: Not everyone thinks the same as you. It's true. What gets you excited might not be interesting to your co-workers, your boss or the business. If you truly want to excel in your job and in life, you need to learn to get along with people.
Another core issue I learned from the list was the lack of desire to be a part of a performance-based environment. Look, we're not talking about salvation here. Jesus paid an amazing price for you to receive salvation. It's free. But, when it comes to the natural world we live in, you've got to work for a paycheck. The capitalistic system of the United States of America is an amazing, wealth-generating machine. If you want to excel and achieve in this system, performance standards must be met. And look, not everybody gets a participation trophy at work. That's right; I said it! You actually have to do that four-letter thing: w-o-r-k.
Check out my podcast episode, For the Millennials, to hear the list and my responses to it. Also, listen to an episode I published outlining 10 Principles for Accomplishment. You guys are amazing. Keep up the good work. God is working all things for your good.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer