The recent shaking in California has revealed that many are allowing fear and discouragement to impact their decisions. Please don't misunderstand, I'm not discounting the deep emotional and psychological pain associated with fear, depression and anxiety, but I do want to remind you that God makes provision for all of our needs. The first step must be toward God, toward genuine worship. Anxiety and fear must flee in the presence of heartfelt worship. Worship must be a priority.
We cannot live like hell all week and expect heaven to fall during worship. We cannot fill our mind with darkness all week and expect the light of Christ to shine during worship. We cannot worship ourselves and things all week and expect to turn our affections toward God on one designated day. Instead of constantly bickering and complaining about California, the USA or our president, we must be extremely grateful and thankful.
The Lord has blessed us beyond measure. We live as kings in castles compared to 95% of the world. What you are taxed each year is more than many make in a lifetime. Do you have running water, hot water and electricity? You're still in the 95% range. We need to get back to a thankfulness if we truly want to see God move in our lives. Our entitlement mentality will be our downfall.
A consistent theme from Genesis to Revelation is, "'Return to Me and worship Me,' says the Lord, 'and I will return to you. I will heal and restore. I will bind up the broken and strengthen the sick'."
The Lord is our only hope ... our only cure for fear, anxiety and discouragement. When the earth is shaking, trust in God, who is sovereign over all things: "Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid" (John 14:27).
Do you have this peace? It all starts with worshipping the one true and living God with a thankful heart.
Shane Idleman is the founder and lead pastor of Westside Christian Fellowship in Southern California. More can be found at ShaneIdleman.com, and free downloads of his books are available at WCFAV.org. Visit him on Facebook and subscribe to his new podcast.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details