Does God get weary when we pray to Him about the same thing over and over?
From the writings of the Rev. Billy Graham:
No, the Bible says to persist in prayer and to pray about everything. God does not always answer the way we think He should, or when we think He should. (We should be grateful for this—He knows far better than we do what is best!). But the Bible tells us to always keep on praying (1 Thess. 5:17). Jesus, in fact, told a parable about a persistent widow who constantly begged a judge to act on her case, which he eventually did (Luke 18:1-8).
One reason Jesus told this parable was to encourage us to pray frequently.Keep in mind two things. First, we cannot change God's mind about something He has already answered. In other words, God will answer a prayer sometimes with a "no" rather than a "yes," and sometimes with a "wait." Are we willing to accept His will? Always pray according to God's will.
Second, there are times that we ourselves should take action as well as pray. Often, we become the answer to our own prayers. Jesus told His disciples to ask Him to send workers into His harvest field, and in the very next verse we find that the disciples themselves went to the field to do God's work (Matt. 9:38, 10:1).
Prayer is one of the privileges of the child of God, made possible because Jesus Christ has opened up the way to our Father. God loves us and does not want us to be anxious about anything, but faithfully pray about everything with thanksgiving (Phil. 4:6).
(This column is based on the words and writings of the late Rev. Billy Graham.)
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details