Not more than 20 minutes into the 2018 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade telecast, as families gathered to give thanks to God for His blessings and celebrate their shared relationships and family traditions, viewers were confronted with "in your face" political correctness!
The NBC telecast of the well-known department store's New York City parade is known for its family-friendly display of giant balloon characters, high-school marching bands, and floats with celebrities and musicians. However, this year, Macy's parade yielded to raw political correctness, as it featured the cast of the Broadway show The Prom, with their specific social agenda.
The thespians sang and danced several segments from the show, as the two lesbian lead-characters held hands and ended their performance with a shocking and lengthy same-sex kiss, featured in high definition in a preplanned camera shot.
Given the international viewership of this parade, the sensual display has been headlined as "The Lesbian Kiss Seen Round the World."
Many viewed the deliberate display as "offensive" and in the left's latest effort "toward normalizing decadence." Some parents feel they were blindsided by the behemoth public companies by this shocking sensuality and intend to decline to patronize Macy's or watch its parades in the future.
Why this negative reaction? These socially conservative and religiously trained parents (Christians, Jews and even Muslims) believe homosexual practice is unnatural, unhealthy and—according to Jesus—unholy.
Christian author and radio host Dr. Michael Brown has noted three Scriptures from the first book in the New Testament, where Jesus affirmed sexual relations only between a husband and wife.
- First, in Matthew 5:17, Jesus said He came not to abolish the Law, but to fulfill it. In other words, even in Jesus' day, the Old Testament was in force and He affirmed it, which includes the condemnation of homosexual practice, found in the book of Leviticus (18:22).
- Second, Dr. Brown cited Matthew 15:19, where Jesus stated that all sexual acts committed outside of marriage defile a human being.
- Finally, Dr. Brown cited Matthew 19:4-6, where Jesus states that marriage, as God intended, is the union of one man and one woman.
Furthermore, the apostle Paul is bluntly honest about sexual sins in Romans 1:21-28 and 1 Corinthians 6:9-11. He labeled homosexual behavior to be sin and warns that those who practice these sins, along with many others, will not inherit God's kingdom.
Jesus wants his disciples to live holy and godly lives (2 Pet. 3:11) and be found spotless and blameless (v. 14) when He returns. Moral corruption and lawless living will increase in these last days. We need to consistently seek to influence our culture for good and godliness, when and while we can.
Let us pray for our family and friends, that we all will be on our guard to resist the evil and corruption in the world around us. Also, pray for the corporate giants who willfully advance the P.C. (politically correct) agendas of sexual perversion and moral lawlessness. Economic failure in our land may begin when corporations and their leaders promote sin and selfishness rather than righteousness and justice.
Ordained to the ministry in 1969, Gary Curtis is a graduate of LIFE Bible College at Los Angeles (soon to become Life Pacific University at San Dimas, California). He has taken graduate courses at Trinity College in Deerfield, Illinois and Fuller Seminary in Pasadena, California. Gary served as part of the pastoral staff of The Church on The Way, the First Foursquare Church of Van Nuys, California, for 27 years (1988-2015), the last 13 years as the vice president of Life on The Way Communications Inc., the church's not-for-profit media outreach. Now retired, Gary and his wife have been married for 50 years and live in Southern California. They have two married daughters and five grandchildren.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details