Life is the most precious gift God has given us, and when there are shooting rampages that never have any rhyme or reason, they become like fear tactics of the enemy.
The root system of all shooters is the wound of fatherlessness in our nation. This coupled with mental illness and/or the choice of pure hatred equals a landing strip for Satan's long-term strategy, which Jesus laid out in John 10:10: the enemy comes to steal, kill and destroy.
Last night, we saw this strategy find a foothold in Thousand Oaks. We saw evils agenda just like we saw in recently against the beautiful Jewish synagogue last month. As with so many of you, my heart is heavy with grief for the beautiful American citizens we lost to this brutality.
But I do read the second part of one of Jesus' most beautiful statements He ever spoke in John 10:10b, "I came that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly."
This life He is prophesying in this Scripture is the remedy for shootings and for those communities who lost someone. This is a prophetic statement He made, and it was supposed to be taken as a promise of redemption and hope that Jesus will begin to send heaven to work to rebuild life's agenda in areas marked by death.
We have so many promises in the Bible of restoration and redemption in the face of evil. But none is more powerful than Jesus Himself saying His purpose is to bring us life, and that it is a greater agenda with a greater impact than any of the death and destruction that we as a state and all of us as a nation have faced by continual shootings.
Right now, I believe we have an opportunity to pray for His supernatural promise of John 10:10 over Thousand Oaks and the other cities and communities that have been affected by the demonic agenda of hatred and death.
Whenever you as a Christian see evil's agenda manifest, you can actually be an empowered part of God's plan of redemption. Instead of just hearing and absorbing shock from media, you have the invitation to do listening prayer with the Holy Spirit about His agenda of life for Thousand Oaks. We can have interactive prayer and make declarations and even be part of the spiritual side of the redemption God wants to work, even if it's just in your car on the way to work.
Thousands of people making thousands of declarations towards the agenda of heaven for a region that has been wounded are a force to be reckoned with.
Wherever evil has an agenda, it is only to distract or try and dismantle the greater agenda that God has already established. And watch for Thousand Oaks in the future, because there will be good news to follow such a season of tragedy.
Shawn Bolz is an author, speaker, TV personality and prophet.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details