About a month ago, I interviewed one of the most interesting people I've ever met. Blake Healy has seen angels and demons since he was a child. While most people—including Christians—are oblivious to what's happening in the heavenly realms, Healy sees it on a regular basis, often in vivid detail.
You may know Healy—director of the Bethel Atlanta School of Supernatural Ministry—from his book The Veil, which Charisma House published in January. In that book, Healy describes some of the extraordinary things God has revealed to him. He has seen angels dancing in worship services as well as demons latching on to people and perpetuating addictions and bitterness.
At first, Healy's supernatural gift frightened him. As a child, he didn't know how to process what he was seeing, and so for many years, he hardly wanted to talk about his spiritual experiences. But as the Lord matured him in the Spirit, Healy has learned to use the gift of seeing for God's glory. And now he's teaching others to do the same.
That's the whole premise of Healy's new book, Profound Good, which Charisma House will release early next year. Healy's goal is to equip believers—whether they can see in the Spirit or not—to dive deeper into the goodness of God. And he says it's not as hard as many think.
"Every single thing that I've ever seen in the Spirit is an opportunity to more fully and more deeply understand how good God is and how much of that goodness is pointed and pushed toward us constantly," Healy says.
Some may react to Healy's gift of seeing with skepticism. But Ephesians 6:12 says, "For our fight is not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places."
Although this passage deals with the demonic, there's an angelic side as well. And the better believers understand this unseen realm, the better they are able to partner with the Holy Spirit in whatever He's doing. For that reason, I would encourage you to read both of Healy's books. The Veil is available in Christian bookstores and at amazon.com.
Even if you've never seen in the Spirit before, you can still grow in being aware of what's going on in the unseen realm and how it affects your daily life. Listen to my podcast interview with Healy below to learn some practical ways you can grow in this spiritual gift.
Steve Strang is the founder of Charisma Media and president of Christian Life Missions. He is also the author of the best-seller God and Donald Trump. Follow him on Twitter and Facebook. Click here to subscribe to the Strang Report podcast, and here to sign up for the Strang Report newsletter.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details