Bloodshed is coming to America, and it won't be a response to oppression but the result of aggression—against God and our constitutional form of government.
The increasingly violent acts in our streets, town-hall meetings and university campuses are simply birth pangs for a greater upheaval that's brewing hot—and it's not by accident.
Although the narrative is that street protests and student uprisings are simply a response to Trump as president or guest speakers with conservative values, the truth is they are coordinated attacks resulting from a subversive anti-God, anti-American ideology that has indoctrinated our universities for more than 50 years.
Let us explain.
In 1963, a book written by Cleon Skousen titled The Naked Communist was presented to Congress by Rep A.S. Herlong Jr. of Florida. In his remarks, he submitted the book's list of goals, which revealed how revolutionaries intended to turn our nation from constitutionalism to communism without firing a single bullet. And the schoolroom provided the perfect staging ground. The full list of goals can be found in the Congressional Record—Appendix, Pages A34-A35, Jan. 10, 1963.
Here are just a few:
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers' associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations that are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policy-making positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV and motion pictures.
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them censorship and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as normal, natural, healthy.
28. Eliminate prayer or any phrase of religious expression in the schools on the grounds that it violates the principle of separation of church and state.
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the common man.
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the big picture.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture—education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics and others.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition, that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use united force to solve economic, political or social problems.
Sound familiar? These goals aren't simply being taught to our youth, they are being caught—and now carried out.
The problem is many of the cultural leaders in this movement are now calling for—and sometimes even demanding—bloodshed.
Listen to some of these horrifying statements (Editor's Note: These quotes have been edited for explicit and/or violent content. The linked material, however, may contain both.)
"I wish they [Republicans] were all [expletive] dead!"—Dan Savage
"If I had my way, I would see [politician] and [politician and activist] strapped down to electric chairs and lit up like Christmas trees. The better to light the way for American democracy and American freedom!"—Democratic talk radio's Stephen Crockett
"Republicans, whose goal in life is to profit from disaster and who don't give a hoot about human beings, either can't or won't. Which is why I personally think they should be exterminated before they cause any more harm."—The Village Voice's Michael Feingold
"I have zero doubt that if [politician] was not in power, people wouldn't be dying needlessly tomorrow ... I'm just saying if he did die, other people, more people would live. That's a fact."—Bill Maher
"Are you angry? [Yeah!] Are you angry? [Yeah!] Are you angry? [Yeah!] Well, we've been watching intifada in Palestine, we've been watching an uprising in Iraq, and the question is that what are we doing? ... It's about time that we have an intifada in this country that change[s] fundamentally the political dynamics in here. And we know every—They're gonna say some Palestinian being too radical—well, you haven't seen radicalism yet."—U.C. Berkeley lecturer Hatem Bazian
This is serious stuff, folks. Calls for bloodshed are on the rise.
But we should know God warned of this long ago. When a nation devalues His precepts, distorts His principles and denies His path, bloodshed will follow bloodshed.
The prophet Hosea said, "Hear the word of the Lord, O children of Israel, for the Lord has a dispute with the inhabitants of the land: There is no truth or mercy, and no knowledge of God in the land. Swearing, lying, and killing, and stealing and adultery break out, and bloodshed follows bloodshed. Therefore the land dries up, and everyone who lives in it withers" (Hos. 4:1-3a).
Today, we are beginning to languish as a nation—and it's high time we turn back to God.
"But as for you, return to your God, hold fast to mercy and justice, and wait on your God continually" (Hos. 12:6).
Just as bloodshed is the result of turning away from God, liberty and freedom are His response when we turn back to Him. Let's pray for this today.
Never miss another Spirit-filled news story again. Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Three Summer Deals from Charisma: