These prayer points come from one of our partners on the ground in the Arab world, a Christian and former Muslim.
Ramadan, the fasting month in Islam, began Friday in most countries. Please remember to pray for Muslims to see the light of Jesus and for new believers to stand strong against all challenges they face during this month.
Muslims believe that the Quran was given as a revelation during this month. They believe that evil spirits are bound in this month. Thus, nearly everyone, including nominal Muslims, become faithful in the Muslim ritual prayers during Ramadan. They fast from the first light of dawn until sunset without eating or drinking anything all day.
Muslims believe these 30 days of Ramadan are divided into three parts:
- First 10 days: A time of forgiveness when Allah forgives sins.
- Second 10 days: A period of mercy when Allah shows his mercy to faithful Muslims.
- Third 10 days: A period of escape from hell when God delivers those who do Ramadan well.
Muslims try very hard to do the ritual prayers and fasting to obtain these rewards, doing many things only to go to heaven, but not out of a love for God.
The life of the believers in Christ is also greatly impacted during this month. Many believers live at home with their family who are Muslims. Thus, they cannot eat at home or at any public place. New believers in particular face many tribulations. For this reason, please pray for the following points:
- Believers to stand strong and boldly seize opportunities to share about God's love for them through Christ in a manner that Muslims can see their need for Him.
- New believers to have wisdom in responding to questions like "Are you fasting?" or "Why aren't you coming with us?" from friends, family and the community.
- Muslims to see that their works are insufficient for being made right before a Holy God.
- Muslims tuning in to our satellite programs to have a true thirst for God, to seek the truth, and to ask for God's forgiveness through Christ.
During Ramadan people often call our satellite channel to insult believers. Pray for those responding to these calls to be full of the Spirit and able to respond with boldness, without fear and full of Christ's love for them.
Thank you for your prayers.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer