Years ago I became fascinated with the questions of Jesus. It occurred to me that if Jesus was asking a question, it must be an important one.
In fact, depending on our response, they could be life-changing questions.
I realize that in the culture in which Jesus lived, asking questions was a method of learning, but Jesus always knew the answers. He didn't need to ask them. He IS the answer. What does He need to know?
His questions were to cause His listeners to think. And, they do.
Consider some of these 7 questions of Jesus:
1. "Do you believe that I am able to do this?" (Matt. 9:28)
2. "Why are you afraid, O you of little faith?" (Matt. 8:26)
3. "What do you think about the Christ?" (Matt. 22:42)
4. "Do you love Me?" (John 21:17)
5. "Why do you call Me 'Lord, Lord', and not do what I tell you?" (Luke 6:46)
6. "What do you want Me to do for you?" (Luke 18:41)
7. "Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?" (Matt. 7:3)
To which of these do you most need to consider to answer?
Ron Edmondson is the senior pastor at Immanuel Baptist Church in Lexington, Kentucky. For the original article, visit ronedmondson.com.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.