PROJECT X is a movie about a teenager’s friends who hold a massive birthday party in the teenager’s house while the parents are away. The partygoers, including both high school and college students, end up getting drunk, getting high on ecstasy, completely wrecking the home, and almost burning down the neighborhood!
According to KHOU in Houston on March 12, police said 13 Houston teenagers were taken into custody for the wild party and vandalism. Two of the teenagers were young enough to be returned to their parents. The teenagers reportedly caused about $100,000 in damage. The night after the teenagers were arrested, police returned to the neighborhood and found a group of teenagers throwing another massive party.
This isn’t the first time PROJECT X has inspired copycat revelers in Houston. In fact, an unidentified teenager was shot multiple times at an illegal party in another vacant home, ABC News reported. That party drew between 500 and 1,000 high school and college students. Police shut down the party, but reportedly the gunman escaped.
Foreclosures in the five-year Pelosi/Obama/Reid economic downturn are part of the problem, news sources say. They lead to all the vacant homes available to squatters and young partygoers.
Despite a recent 13 percent drop in foreclosures in January 2012 compared to last year, experts think that trend will be reversed in coming months. That’s partly because a recent $25 billion mortgage settlement will allow bankers to clear a huge backlog of disputed foreclosures. In fact, Houston already has seen a 10 percent increase in foreclosure notices in February, according to KHOU.
As countless scientific studies have shown, children and teenagers often copy what they see in movies and television.
Creators, actors and distributors have a responsibility, therefore, to control what they promote in their movies, videos and television programs. Of course, parents also have a responsibility to control what movies, videos, and programs their children watch.
PROJECT X is an abhorrent movie. It shows the huge devastation that America’s abandonment of Christian, biblical faith and values and consequent descent into depravity, apathy, hedonism and brutality have wrought.
As the apostle Paul writes in Galatians 5:22, self-control is one of the main cardinal virtues that faith in God through Jesus Christ brings. He adds in verse 24, “Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and lusts.”
By removing the Bible, prayer and Jesus from school and government, the government has sewn the seeds of its own downfall.
However, too often, it’s the mass media that creates the bigoted Culture of Christophobia. So, it’s the mass media that we must redeem and transform.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details