We are witnessing the precipitous decline of our traditional value system in America. Upholding the sanctity of marriage as God intended, 'between one man and one woman' is one of the bedrock principles of our nation.
While I have compassion and pray for those who choose to lead a homosexual lifestyle, New York's decision to allow same sex people to marry is another government sledge hammer used to shatter our Judeo-Christian culture.
As a black American, proud of our Civil Rights progress, I speak for most black citizens when I say it is offensive that sexual preference has been elevated to the equivalent of a racial characteristic such as skin color. The two could not be more dissimilar.
One is an outward characteristic. The other is sexual behavior. It denigrates the illustrious struggle for equality for Americans of African descent to associate us with the homosexual demand that society accept and approve their behavior.
Churches, faith-based institutions and organizations, the public school system, private businesses and most importantly, individual citizens will be forced to accept the new amoral and anti-Christian order or pay the consequences. Marriage counselors and adoption agencies will be pressured to condone a corrupt and degenerate belief system or close their doors to the many people they help.
Marriage should be between 'one man and one woman' and children should be adopted by parents that consist of 'one man and one woman.' I am proud to have supported the Constitutional amendment in Virginia and it is clear that until there is a federal constitutional amendment, the effort to sully marriage will march forward with the help of radical homosexual activists and corrupt politicians.
E. W. Jackson is a Marine veteran, Harvard-trained attorney, businessman and conservative activist who is running for the United States Senate in Virginia. Jackson believes that faith, integrity, hard work and serving others are the keys to success in America, not government programs. You can find him online here.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details