Modern-day Christians, like the rest of the world, have experienced division in many areas. But throughout the ages, the church has united in its belief in the Second Coming of Jesus and His rule and reign over eternity.
That day, entrepreneur and author Douglas Cobb says, may come sooner than we think, based on the near-completion of Jesus' Great Commission (Matt. 28:19-20). Cobb's book, And Then the End Will Come, details his research into the Second Coming and why he believes it is imminent.
"The title is derived from Matthew 24:14, a verse that links the return of Jesus to the completion of the Great Commission," Cobb tells Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast Network. "Early in that chapter, Matthew 24, the disciples asked Jesus, 'When are you coming back?' That's my paraphrase, but that's what they asked.
"And He names a number of things that have to happen, that will happen before He returns," Cobb adds. "But in verse 14, he says, 'This gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations. And then the end will come.'"
Not only does this verse tie directly to Cobb's recent book, but it also connects to his work as managing partner of the Finishing Fund, a partnership of kingdom investors who are giving together to accelerate the completion of the Great Commission.
Cobb says few people know much about the Great Commission. "Barna says maybe 50% don't even really know what it is, and of the others, many of them can't really pin it down very well," he explains, adding that the experts say there are about 12,000 biblical "nations," or ethnos—"biblical people groups around the world. And now we are down to only a few hundred left that nobody has ever been to with the gospel. So we have maybe 300 left to go before we cross the line, and the name of Jesus will be proclaimed in literally every people group on the face of the earth."
For much more from Douglas Cobb on why he believes the return of Jesus is imminent—and how you can help fulfill the Great Commission—listen to the entire episode of Greenelines at this link. Subscribe to Greenelines on your favorite podcast platform for more informative, inspiring stories like this one, and find Cobb's book, And Then the End Will Come, wherever fine books are sold.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details