God's wonder-working power does not depend on our level of faith. Although most of us would affirm that truth, do we live as though we believe it?
God brought it home to international evangelist Tamryn Klintworth in one of her first crusades.
"My faith wasn't mustard-seed faith; it was maybe even a quarter of a mustard seed," she tells Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast Network. Yet out of even that tiny faith came the fruit she needed to build her ministry in kingdom ways.
"Barely anybody was in the tent; I was terribly disappointed," she says. And I remember it like it was yesterday. A lady walked into the tent with a crutch and a knee guard. And she came, and she sat in the very front row. And of course, she sat in the front row because not even the front row was full.
"And the Holy Spirit started speaking to me, 'Tamryn, pray for her.'
"And I started arguing with the Holy Spirit," Klintworth says. "And I said, 'Please, Lord, let me call one of the big pastors, one of the big bishops, someone who's been in ministry for decades, someone who's prayed for the sick for decades. You can't use me to work a miracle this mighty, Lord; I must call somebody who knows this stuff.' And the Holy Spirit kept pushing me."
Eventually, Klintworth stopped mid-message and went over to the woman. Out of respect in the African culture, she used the term "Mama" when speaking to her.
"Mama, what is wrong?"
"My knee, my knee; I cannot put weight on my knee," the woman told her.
"OK, I'm going to pray for you, and Jesus is going to heal you." Klintworth says she then prayed two prayers because "I wasn't sure which one would work.
"In my first prayer, I tried to sound as if I had a lot of authority: 'In the name of Jesus, knee, be healed!' ... And then my second prayer was more of a plea to all of heaven: 'Please, Jesus, please, please.'"
At that stage of her walk, Klintworth says she still thought she had to "feel some sort of electricity or presence" for God to move.
"I felt nothing," she says. "I looked at that woman; what was even worse, it didn't look like she had felt anything. She just kind of looked back at me."
"I said, 'OK, Mama, you and I, we're going to walk together."
To find out what God did next, listen to the entire episode of Greenelines at this link, and subscribe to Greenelines on your favorite podcast platform for more inspiring stories like this one. Check out Klintworth's own podcast, In His Name, also on the Charisma Podcast Network, and find her new book, Spirit of Fire, wherever fine books are sold.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details