It seemed like a Norman Rockwell scene: Six young friends, four girls and two guys, gathered around a table at the local Steak 'n Shake, enjoying some milkshakes and time together.
Until something spoiled that moment—the same "something" that seems to spoil many of our moments today. Our obsession with technology has snatched our attention away from anything resembling real relationships.
"Each kid had a cellphone," says Dr. Steve Greene, who sat at a nearby table, on a popular episode of Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast network. "And so you can probably guess where the rest of the story is going; it's going to the thumbs. The thumbs were all over those phones."
Greene says he watched the table closely, and none of the young people ever put down their smartphone. "Yet they laughed at each other. They were cutting up; having a great time."
What he noticed, Greene says, was "more attention being placed on the apparatus, the technology, than on what kids used to do when they would go to Steak 'n Shake—they would relate to each other. They would talk more to each other. They would look at each other."
To hear the rest of the story—and the lesson for leaders Greene pulls from it—listen to the entire episode of Greenelines at this link, and be sure to subscribe to Greenelines on your favorite podcast platform for more inspiring stories like this one.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details