Questions that beg answers:
When God forgives me for my sins, will I still suffer consequences?
Will the consequences be thrown into the sea of forgetfulness along with my sins?
Could my sins cause future generations to suffer?
Could one careless sin lead to lifelong consequences?
Will my enemies also suffer from consequences?
I sat down with Merrily Madero to discuss her new book, The Truth About Consequences, and get answers to these pressing questions. We took a hard look at some of the sins mentioned in the Bible and the impact those sins had on the lives of those who committed them. Ripple effects from our actions, both good and bad, are seen all throughout Scripture.
Satan sweetens the bait! He tempts with sin and works hard at hiding the consequences. The enemy whispers in our ear, "God will forgive you. He has to! Go ahead. I dare you!" But he leaves off the part about the consequences ... and sometimes those are lifelong.
The father of lies and the master of deceit would like to deceive us into thinking there are no consequences to our sins, especially those that have been forgiven.
To hear Merrily Madero and I share the personal consequences we've endured, as well as those God has redeemed, listen this week's Fire Starter podcast on Charisma Podcast Network.
Dr. Jamie Morgan is lead pastor of Life Church (Assemblies of God) in Williamstown, New Jersey. She graduated with her Doctor of Ministry from the Assemblies of God Theological Seminary. Morgan is the author of A Journey to Ministry: Discover Your Calling, Purpose and Destiny. Her website is jamiemorgan.com.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details