When you give your life to teaching people about healing and deliverance and then watch your own husband die of cancer, what do you do?
"My husband had made certain things known to me: 'I'm not taking any more chemo ... I'm just going to heaven to be with the Lord,'" Venner Alston of Global Outreach Ministries says after sharing about her husband's peaceful transition to heaven on a popular episode of the Greenelines podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network. But after he was gone, she cried out to the Lord in anger—and God taught her something she still shares with others today.
"I can't believe you just let this happen to me," she told Him. "We are people of prayer; we are people of deliverance. And I went on and laid out my resume in the presence of the Lord.
"What am I going to do now?" she says she asked God. "Am I still going to preach? Am I still going to tell people You heal? What am I going to do?
"And God began to touch that place in me," she says. "Within about seven days, I shifted, and I said, 'God still heals, God still delivers. He delivered my husband in heaven; He healed him in that place of eternity."
"I've found that sometimes when we go through horrific things in life, or the loss of a loved one, or someone has a terminal illness, or the loss of a job or some unexpected event occurs in our life, that the enemy will try to use that to discourage us from the place of prayer with the same thought that he used against me, 'What did God really say?' Alston continues. "Because the idea in the intent is to get us to not trust the fact that God has our best interests at heart. "
For much more from Venner Alston on how you can understand the ways Satan comes against your prayers and get to the next level in your intercession, listen to this entire episode of Greenelines at this link, and be sure to subscribe to the Greenelines podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network for more inspiring stories like this one.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details