Matthew Lilley's passion for God's presence bleeds over into everything he does: speaking, writing, podcast hosting and his ministry, Presence Pioneers. But when he can share that passion with others, he knows he's fulfilling the calling God first put on his heart as a teenager.
A few years ago, Lilley had an experience reminiscent of Paul and Silas' ministry with the jailer in Acts 16:25-40, where the man and all his household were saved. It all began with 100 hours straight of worship and prayer that Presence Pioneers set out to do in a low-income neighborhood in Greenville, North Carolina. He shares the story on a recent episode of Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast Network.
"We gave away free food, free hot dogs, had ministry teams going out into the neighborhoods, knocking on doors, sharing the gospel with people, offering to pray with people," Lilley explains. "And there was a couple who came over to the tent to get some free hot dogs. As they're standing in line, someone from our team goes and talks to them, shares Jesus with them, they get saved on the spot."
The next day, Lilley says, his team discovered the couple lived right across the street from their outreach tent, so they went over to visit them. "Come to find out, there's about three or four generations all living together in this house," he says. "And they're talking to this great-grandma who's in a wheelchair ... And she's a believer, and she's been praying for her family to come to Jesus. And so she was excited that this couple had accepted Jesus. But she said there were others in her family who still hadn't. And so they invited those in the family who were there.
"At the time, seven or eight people ... come into the living room," Lilley continues. "They shared the gospel with them. They said, 'Hey, your grandma's been praying for you. Would you like to follow Jesus?' And all of them who were in the house got down on their knees and put their faith in Jesus on the spot."
But the story gets bigger. To hear how God turned this Acts 16 message into a media miracle, listen to the entire episode of Greenelines here, and be sure to subscribe to Greenelines on your favorite podcast platform. You'll also find the rest of the story in Lilley's new book, David's Tabernacle: How God's Presence Changes Everything, available wherever fine books are sold. Check out Lilley's own podcast, Presence Pioneers, also on the Charisma Podcast Network.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details