Like any other believer on the planet, Sarah Bowling says she is aware that she is a sinner, and that she messes up in life from time to time.
But Bowling, the daughter of legendary evangelist Marilyn Hickey, also knows God won't hold it against her if she comes to Him with a truly repentant heart. Like heroes in the Bible such as Moses, David and Adam, Bowling says an honest conversation with God and simply being in His presence can bring much-needed healing to your soul. It will allow you to overcome the enemy's lies that you are you unworthy.
That belief prompted Bowling, a powerful scholar and spirit-led Bible teacher, and the founder of Living Genuine Love ministry, to preach a series of sermons about the subject and to write a book called Hey God, Can We Talk?: Real-Life God Encounters for Real-Life Circumstances.
The host of the Living Genuine Love podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network, Bowling believes her book will help Christians experience much-needed life-changing encounters with God in a world whose future looks bleak and one where the enemy is quick to point fingers and condemn.
"These conversations with God are timeless. I don't think they're just for the Bible," Bowling told Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast Network. "I think they are for us 21st-century Americans, because these struggles in these situations are universal for humanity.
"Those mornings that I really appreciate is when I feel like I have dialogue with God, when there is a flow," she says. "It's not every morning, but it makes me look forward to praying and that devotion time where I feel like I'm in dialogue. I may not understand everything I'm hearing, but I know the voice of God. ...
"It's like in Jeremiah 23-24, where it says let the wise man boast in wisdom, the strong man in strength, the wealthy man in his riches, but let him who boasts, boast that he knows Me," Bowling adds. "And that's my heart; knowing God and having an intimate connection with God."
For the rest of this fascinating interview with Sarah Bowling, listen to this entire episode, and subscribe to Greenelines on your favorite podcast platform for more inspiring stories like this one. Make sure to tune into Living Genuine Love with Sarah Bowling on the Charisma Podcast Network.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details