Prophet James Goll, author and founder of God Encounters Ministries, says every believer can learn how to hear God's voice, something many Christians long for on a daily basis.
But the host of Charisma Podcast Network's God Encounters Today says it won't be a simple act of listening. There are things the believer must do to discern the voice of God, because there is little doubt that He wants to connect with us every day.
The Bible, Goll says, tells us that we need to have our "senses trained to discern good and evil" (Heb. 5:14).
"How would you like to have an emotionless relationship with your wife?" Goll asked Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast Network. "How would you like to have a non-emotional relationship with a child, especially a newborn child of yours?
"God is our Father, and He loves us and the Bible says that God just falls all over us with joy," Goll says. "So I make an appeal that God is an emotive God. God has emotions. And, if God has emotions and we are made in the image and likeness of God, and God the Creator, Jesus Christ, in the new creation, lives in us, then how about some of the emotions—not all—that we actually experience are God's emotions expressed in and through us.
"In this new book of mine, The Feeler, it's discovering how sensitivity helps you discern God's voice. And let's get more raw or transparent. We are all made to be sensitive creatures, and that's a blessing."
You can either acknowledge and work with it, or you can acknowledge it and work against it, Goll believes.
"In today's culture, we are taught to be so fear oriented. There are real issues and it is complex. So one of the main things is to keep your worship on. You've got to keep your worship on or you will end up in worry. We are supposed to walk by faith.
There are three W's that enable us to walk by faith. Goll says, "You've got to keep your worship on, you've got to keep the Word as your anchor and you've got to remain in God's ways."
"You will be an anchored believer by the Word and by worship," Goll says. "You've got to put the Word in you or you're going to float around like a kite by every wind. Learn to embrace the Word of God so you can attain the promise."
For more of this interesting interview with prophet James Goll, listen to this entire episode. Subscribe to Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast Network for more inspiring interviews and listen to God Encounters Today for more with James Goll.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details