Editor's Note: If you are in crisis, please call 1-800-273-8255 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org. You are not alone.
As the chaplain for Racine County in Wisconsin, Anthony Balistreri has seen a great deal of despair on the job when counseling individuals—either law enforcement officials or prisoners.
Whether it's the thought of long-time incarceration, the COVID-19 virus or the rigors and perils of the job as a police officer, Balistreri has seen it all.
But what concerns Balistreri the most is the fear he encounters among young people—especially in Millennials, Generation X and Generation Z. Incredibly, he sees people who are making well over $100,000 a year in their jobs. These individuals are living with the stress and anxiety that has gripped the entire country over the past year and a half, and he's developed a program to help them bring spiritual focus to their lives and to trust in the Lord.
"Suicide amongst law enforcement officers is at an all-time high," Balistreri told Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast Network. "There is a program that I'm just starting, mostly for young people. I'm talking to younger people, men and women, from age 18 to 30 every day.
"When COVID started, there was a lot of emotions, a lot of fear—a spirit of fear. The younger people kind of kept a stiff upper lip ... but their whole concept of life was different.
"I look at their work ethic, what they're doing, what they give up, what they're changing for, both in and out of COVID, and how that relates to their spirituality. Most of them have physical trainers, so they can be accountable for their physical growth ... But I'm setting up a spiritual trainer for them, so they can be accountable for their spiritual growth—to be accountable for the Word that they're learning and how they are exercising that, how they are taking it to their family and their job and the community, how they're spiritually growing according to the Word of God."
For more on Anthony Balistreri's incredible story of spiritual growth among young law enforcement officers, listen to this entire podcast here. Subscribe to Greenelines on your favorite podcast platform to never miss engaging and inspiring content like this.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details