His son lay dead in the hospital morgue. But Bible teacher Andrew Wommack and his wife had something he says made all the difference: confidence in God.
"I've got a confidence in the Lord that is way beyond me and my performance," Andrew Womack of Andrew Wommack Ministries tells Dr. Steve Greene on a popular episode of Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast Network.
That confidence, Wommack says, must be tied to a firm foundation of faith: "Without faith, it is impossible to please God, for he who comes to God must believe that He exists and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him" (Heb. 11:6).
"My son died in 2001, on March 4, and he was dead for between four and five hours," Wommack says. "And he was in a hospital; they had stripped him naked, put a toe tag on him, put him in the morgue on a slab. And then they called me to tell me what happened."
"And my wife and I just spoke our faith and agreed," he says. "And we had such confidence that my son, who had been dead for over four hours, just sat up and started talking, and has no brain damage today.
"I believe that that is a part of confidence," Wommack says. "There are a lot of people who believe God can do those things. But they just kind of ask, 'God, will You do this?' And then they wait to see how things work out to discern whether God's going to answer or not.
"But I knew that God was answering that prayer," Wommack says. "And that's confidence. And so this has literally transformed my life and the lives of many, many other people."
For more from Andrew Wommack on how purging your conscience according to the Word of God can give you complete confidence in Him, listen to the entire episode of Greenelines at this link, and make sure to subscribe to Greenelines on your favorite podcast platform for more inspiring stories like this one.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details