It's the day after the most important day on the Christian calendar—Resurrection Sunday—and as a ministry leader, you're feeling a little let down. But don't worry, you're in good company.
Can you imagine what took place in Jerusalem the day after Jesus rose from the dead? What about the disciples? Did they simply go back to fishing? Did the carpenters go back to their woodworking duties? Did the agricultural workers go back to tending their fields?
Dr. Steve Greene says we must look at Luke 24 to find out.
"We know that the tombstone was rolled away by a couple of angels, and I want to report to you that, after Jesus' words, the Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men," Greene said on an episode of Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast Network. "The Scripture says, 'They returned from the tomb and reported all these things to the 11 and to all the rest, so those who were there saw the tomb was empty and went back and reported to the disciples.
"They didn't believe the women's story, but Peter rose and ran to the tomb. He wasn't gonna sit back. He was going to go find out for himself. He saw the linen clothes lying by themselves, and he departed wondering to himself what had happened. There wasn't a natural explanation. The Bible says even the Jews still talk about it. I think most people want to try to find some explanation for supernatural matter.
"What I want to know is what all of these people were doing, those that believe Jesus was resurrected. ... What did the resurrection do for you? How did it change your Monday? How did it change the people that were in Jerusalem? ...
"Those who caught the spiritual meaning of the resurrection had to have a different life on Monday. We know that the disciples doubted it, and it might have taken a while of hanging out with Jesus to get it. But as leaders, we continue to work with our people to resurrect their thinking, to change their mindset. The question is, if Jesus has impacted your life, if the power of the Resurrection is in your soul and your spirit, then why do you continue to go back to the tomb? Why do you go where the dead are?"
For more of Dr. Greene's thoughts on the post-resurrection world, listen to the entire podcast of Greenelines. Be sure to subscribe on your favorite podcast platform for more inspiring stories like these.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details