How can I hear from God? How does He speak to us? How can I know it's Him?
These common questions come from believers of all ages. We believe God speaks, but we're not sure how to know we're truly hearing from Him. And yet the Bible tells us His sheep hear His voice (John 10:27).
Prophet Kent Simpson says during his days as an investment banker, he met many people who were multimillionaires. "I'd ask them, 'How did you get into this walk of money that you have?'" he tells host Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of the Greenelines podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network.
"And they'd always start out saying, 'Well, I had this gut feeling. I just had this idea. I just had this hunch,'" Simpson says. "Well, come to find out, what they were talking about is the Holy Spirit gave them guidance and direction on how to get what they were looking for."
Simpson says he realized people were calling the Holy Spirit "a gut feeling," and most were missing that these insights came from the Lord.
Most people, he says, think you can only hear God audibly. But "hearing God comes in dreams, visions, signs, wonders. I've even had him speak through billboards to me."
Simpson adds that God can also speak through the Bible. "He can make those Scriptures leap off that page and go right into your spirit and make you full of what is being said in that Word."
But we can't learn to hear God by textbook, Simpson explains. "Hearing God is something you have to experience on your own. Because just like parents who have more than one child, they're not going to communicate to one child the same as they do the other. ... And that's what Jesus does. He will speak to you in the area of your personality, who you are, where you're reaching.
"And so when we start seeing these things begin to develop in our life, He directs you in a path that He has you go," he adds.
For more from Prophet Kent Simpson on hearing from God, listen to the entire episode of the Greenelines podcast here, and subscribe to Greenelines on your favorite podcast platform for more inspiring stories like these. Check out Simpson's own podcast, The School of Prophetic Knowledge, also on the Charisma Podcast Network.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details