Americans—and the rest of the world—have just passed through what, for most of us, was the longest year of our lives.
Many of us lost our jobs.
Worse, many of us lost friends and family members.
Many of us can't pay our bills.
Many of us are losing our homes.
What lies ahead?
Economist, end-times expert and cultural commentator Michael Snyder has multiple answers to that question, and he shares them on a recent episode of the Greenelines podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network. One of the areas of biggest impact, he says, is also one of the most basic: the cost of food.
"The price of agricultural commodities traded on the global stage has gone up by 50% since the middle of last year," Snyder says. "So we're talking about wheat, and corn and soy and sugar. These are things you eat every day. Now, here in the United States, that's starting to filter to consumers at the grocery store. But where it's really painful is other parts of the globe where you know, you've got so many people just living on the edge of poverty."
The economic and societal impact is huge, Snyder explains. In third-world countries as well as in the U.S., hunger is on the rise.
"In fact, the head of the U.N. World Food Programme has come out ... and said that we're facing 'famines of biblical proportions' in 2021," Snyder says. "And that's his phrase, not mine: biblical proportions. But that's how dire he sees things getting. We've already seen food riots start in different parts of the world. And it's going to get worse as the price continues to go up."
But there is hope, Snyder says. To learn more about his economic projections and the road map he offers for what he says will continue to be challenging days ahead, listen to the entire episode of Greenelines here. And be sure to subscribe to Greenelines on your favorite podcast platform for more information and insights shared in the power of the Holy Spirit.
Follow breaking news like this and more in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details