The car wouldn't start, so you arrived at work almost an hour late.
Your boss didn't buy your excuse for not finishing that urgent project.
And yet another unproductive, boring meeting broke up your workflow.
We all recognize it. In fact, a popular term describes it: "One of those days."
When you have one of those days as a believer in Christ, what should you do? Dr. Steve Greene has the answer, and he shares it on a recent episode of his At Work With God podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network. The former college dean and current publisher and executive vice president of the multimedia group at Charisma Media says he sometimes has one of those days too.
"I'm not any different than any of you," he says. "We all have hard days, and our faith gets challenged. Our entire way of thinking can be challenged."
But that doesn't mean we should give up, Greene cautions.
"And then we think about the hope that's within us," he adds. "And maybe the most important point about hope is that it's the seed of better faith."
And Greene adds, "I love that, because with hope, I'm going to feel that things are OK. With faith, I'm going to see it. Faith is 'the evidence of things not seen.' I don't see it, but faith sees it. ... And then to go with all that, love never fails, especially when you have a leader who leads with love as opposed to leading with fear. If you have a fear leader, you lose hope."
For more from Dr. Steve Greene on how the simple vehicle of hope can brighten even "one of those days," listen to the entire At Work With God podcast here. And be sure to subscribe to the At Work With God podcast on your favorite podcast platform.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details