Feeling unqualified? Uneducated? Disadvantaged? That your background hasn't prepared you well to step into your calling?
Kris Vallotton says that none of those factors can stop you from pursuing God's purpose for your life—because that description also fits him. The associate leader of Bethel, Redding, shared his thoughts with Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of the Greenelines podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network.
"I'd say the most-used phrase when describing me to other people is the word 'overachiever,'" Vallotton says. "And I used to think was a great compliment. Then I'd think, Oh, they realized that if you could do this, anyone can.
"I grew up in not a great home," he adds. "And I honestly have no formal education besides high school," he says, adding that despite what he considers his lack of qualifications, the Lord has allowed him to do some powerful things.
"I've just learned how to tap into the Holy Spirit and be led by Him and learn to think from the Spirit realm," he says. "And I think, obviously, I'd love to get better and better at that. I think it's a journey. But I feel like I'm an example to people who weren't born with a silver spoon. They weren't born in the right family; they don't have the right education. They're completely disqualified. And yet God's called them to a life of brilliance. And I feel like I'm an example for that.
To hear much more from Kris Vallotton on what he calls "spiritual intelligence," which has nothing to do with qualifications and everything to do with our relationship with God, listen to the entire episode of Greenelines here, and be sure to check out Vallotton's new book, Spiritual Intelligence, for more Spirit-filled encouragement.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details