"Afghanistan, 2009, Operation Kanjari—that was quite the rough deployment," Jared Laskey says in describing one part of his service as a Marine field radio operator. "But Jesus saw us through, and Jesus was with me the whole time.
"Whenever we were in combat with the enemy, I was praying and doing my job simultaneously," Laskey tells Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast Network. "The Holy Spirit was with me the entire time, and He saw me through."
And Laskey needed the Spirit's power. "In my platoon of 26, I think 16 had been blown up in an IED" [improvised explosive device, or roadside bomb].
But instead of turning Laskey away from God, those horrific experiences and the PTSD that resulted moved him toward his heavenly Father. "It was through that, honestly, that I ran toward God, and Holy Spirit healed my life supernaturally," he says.
Some might say this is spiritual mumbo-jumbo or something no one can verify. But Laskey has experienced the Spirit's freedom and power. Not only has he written an e-course called Healing Warriors to share his testimony of healing from post-traumatic stress disorder, but he put that healing to a concrete test, returning to Afghanistan—the scene of his trauma—as an independent military contractor.
"I saw I had nothing but love for the people," he says of his mission there. "I thought that I may have had something to deal with. I'd undergone the healing. I'd been supernaturally healed, progressively healed, during the process of time ... but I thought I might have one more thing to face."
Instead, Laskey says, the deep love he felt revealed something incredible: "I'm healed and whole. I just want to see people here come to Jesus."
To hear more of Jared Laskey's story of supernatural healing from PTSD and how he now ministers Spirit-powered healing to others, listen to the entire episode of the Greenelines podcast here. Be sure to subscribe to both Greenelines and Laskey's own podcast, Adventures in the Spirit, on the Charisma Podcast Network. And check out Laskey's e-courses here.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details