A former drug addict, Leon du Preez doesn't care what it takes to carry out his mission. No matter what, he has vowed to bring the gospel and a supernatural encounter to the next generation in South Africa, even if it costs him his life.
Because the enemy's influence is very strong in South Africa, du Preez, the 36-year-old host of the Encounter Now Podcast with Leon du Preez, takes his life into his own hands whenever he preaches. But this courageous prophet believes he has no other choice than to take God's Word to the South African people.
"We have a very strong satanic presence, especially among the Caucasian people there in South Africa," du Preez told Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast Network. "Satanism is very strong there. So, we would get tremendous death threats, kidnapping attempts. I don't travel with bodyguards, but the last two years we have put in security and intelligence on my behalf on my phones, whether we are being traced or not. There would be certain times where I would be moved to a certain place of safety.
"But I've still had some encounters while I've preached," du Preez said. "At one church I was preaching, there were seven people, and five of those were there to kill me. I remember standing in the pulpit, and the power went off in the building. It was pitch black, and I said to the church, 'There are five people here to kill me right now.' I said, 'I dare you to come the front.' In a split second, they ran to the front with knives to stab me. ... I remember jumping down from the stage, and they were frozen in front of me, or the presence of God froze them. We laid hands on them to minister to them, and four of the five got saved.
"God saved me in another meeting when seven people with guns came to us in a 2,000-member church," du Preez added. "Seven people with guns came to our house. But the presence and the glory of God protects you; it really does. I've had guns come against me; I've had people with knives try to stab me. I've had people trying to kill me, but if the glory is on you, they cannot touch you."
Listen to the entire podcast to hear more of du Preez's incredible story. And tune into du Preez's podcast, Encounter Now with Leon du Preez, on the Charisma Podcast Network.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details