As a naturopathic doctor, Mark Sherwood has deep concerns about the amount of disease and obesity that have been prevalent in this country in the last half-century, and the "staggering" financial implications that have come with it.
Dr. Sherwood's questions to the masses are, "Why does this have to be the norm, and why aren't we doing anything about it?" He regularly addresses those issues on his podcast, Healthcare's Missing Link, on the Charisma Podcast Network (CPN).
"For the last 50 years, you would have thought, at some point in time, that with this egregious trend someone would have said, 'Timeout, wait a minute; we're doing something wrong,'" Sherwood told Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast Network. "Obviously, we know the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. So I would submit that we're probably doing the same thing.
"We need to make changes because, for example, 600,000 people die every year of cardiovascular disease, and right behind that are going to be cancers—nearly half a million people," Sherwood said. "This doesn't have to happen. This trend has been growing at a staggering rate, and it is shocking. By 2030, and that is within our lifetimes for many, it is predicted that 100% of our states will have unacceptable obesity rates. Oklahoma, for example, is teetering on 60% obesity right now, and as you go south, the growth rate is exponential.
"Clearly, clearly, this has been caused by the standard American diet lifestyle that has been perpetuated," he added. "It's a business. But, if we claim to have Christian leadership, we need to stop perpetuating and encouraging disease. Frankly, it makes me sick to my stomach to think about the business of sick care. A sick care model is driven by sick people, the customers. But does that have anything to do with well care? We need to wake up. It's not OK anymore. We need the courage to step up. That's my main mission."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details