It would have been easy for Jenine May's life to have become a simple statistic. She grew up in one of the worst neighborhoods in inner-city Detroit, an area plagued by crime, drugs and murder. Some of her friends became fatal victims of their surroundings.
Her parents were both alcoholics, and her dad died of cirrhosis of the liver when she was only 10 years old. May experienced sexual and physical abuse and, through her mother, the demonic spiritual realm.
The odds were against her—but God. Now, as a born-again believer for nearly three decades, May serves the Lord as a pastor/teacher at True Worship Church in Detroit. She owns her own publishing group and is a speaker and advocate for women who have suffered from domestic violence and abuse.
May's testimony will open your eyes—and touch your heart.
"The perseverance that was deep in me, the faith to trust God through the midst of it all, has really been the foundation of who I am today," May told Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast Network. "I love every minute of pastoring. I love my people.
"I have my own publishing company, so in publishing I help other people publish their books, and it's just as much a passion as it is a calling for me. I flow in the gift of teaching, the prophetic gift, a wisdom, a gift of knowledge.
"It really excites me to be used by God, to really have my gifts activated and really show people, especially unbelievers, that there is a real God, especially when you operate in the gift of knowledge or the gift of prophecy. They actually get a confirmation that God is real and that they can have those experiences where God can use them too. It's not about me; it's about God in me who is doing the work."
For more about Jenine May's ministry, listen to the entire podcast.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details