As a Marine, Jared Laskey knows what it's like to be called to sacrifice. He has sacrificed for his country, and he has sacrificed for his fellow Marines.
After the service and a struggle with PTSD, he became a youth pastor. He thought his natural path after that would be to become a pastor. But it's not what God had in mind for him.
It wasn't until he discovered his identity in Christ that Laskey found what he says is his true calling—the office of prophet. Laskey laid down his priorities to surrender to those God was calling him to.
"[As a Marine] there comes a point in time where you just kind of lose yourself; where you kind of have to die," Laskey told Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast Network. "I'm not talking like spiritually dying to yourself, which is a biblical principle. I'm talking like when you just consider yourself dead to make sure that your Marines, your friends, make it out. In Iraq, I died emotionally, and I didn't know that until I came home.
"When I became a youth pastor, I thought I would do what everybody was supposed to do after youth ministry, and that's to become a pastor. But no, I failed at that. And that's on me. But I learned from it.
"I eventually realized that I know who I am and whose I am. I know my identity as a son of God, and He has called me to be a prophet. He's called me to be an evangelist. He's called me into the fivefold ministry. I wasn't supposed to be a pastor. So it's only been within the last two years that, and I'm not ashamed to say this, that God has called me to my office."
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.