Joshua Reyes didn't want to be remembered as a "crazy club kid" who died on drugs. After an overdose of Ecstasy in 2011, the Holy Spirit overwhelmed Reyes, and he dedicated himself to the Lord for a kingdom calling that touches many daily.
Now the pastor of SoulFire Revival Center in Mercedes, Texas, Reyes is zealous to let others know that, through Christ, they deserve a second chance in life—a chance to leave behind a legacy of winning souls for the kingdom. His new podcast, the "Legacy Podcast" on the Charisma Podcast Network, helps believers challenge themselves to understand their place in the body of Christ.
"I was in the hospital after I overdosed, and I asked myself, What kind of legacy am I going to leave behind?" Reyes told Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of "Greenelines" on the Charisma Podcast Network. "How am I going to be remembered? I want to leave something good behind. It was in that hospital room I told God, "Whatever You want from me."
"People are not going to remember a lot of the things you said or did, but they're going to remember how you made them feel. I don't want to be remembered for something I built, but for how I was able to encourage people, to edify them and to help them advance in their spiritual walk toward Christ.
"People that feel lost, hurt, abandoned, confused or helpless, they need to know that is not what God wants for them. Anyone who is struggling to find love and acceptance, that's not what God wants for them. My heart is to help people discover the gifts and talents that God has given them and to help them discover they can hear the voice of God for themselves; to encourage them to walk in their purpose and destiny, whatever that might be."
For more of Joshua Reyes' legacy ministry, listen to this podcast.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer