Grace is more liberating than you believe, James River Church Pastor John Lindell says. But sometimes people get caught up in their own sin and buy into the lies that they can never experience freedom. Other people believe that they are exempt from transforming their lives to be like Christ and buy into a hypergrace message.
That's why Lindell penned Soul Set Free, out now.
"Grace doesn't say, 'Well, how far can I go, and God still love me?'" Lindell shares with Dr. Steve Greene on the "Greenelines" podcast.
"What grace says is, 'God loves me so much. And it set me free from so much. I just want to use who I am, what I am, to love God,'" Lindell says.
"I'm not under law, I'm under love. I'm in love with the Lord, and I want to use my life to honor Him."
Lindell continues, "What hurts a lot of Christians is they only got part of the message of grace, they only got part of the good news of grace. So consequently, they're missing some important components that, once they understood them, would energize a life of holiness in them. They would understand that God would be working in them. God wants us to serve Him with joy. The joy of the Lord is our strength. And when a person understands grace, it produces such joy in God—such desire and love for Him—the result is you find yourself just wanting to please Him all the more."
Listen to the podcast for more.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details