The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recently released a report showing almost half of Americans (49.1 percent) are trying to lose weight.
This is according to data gathered by the CDC from 2013 to 2016.
According to the CDC, almost 40 percent of Americans are obese and are trying more than one way to take off the pounds, including daily exercise; eating more fruit, vegetables and salads; eating fewer carbohydrate, and even changing their eating habits in order to eat less.
"Most people were doing things ... that I would encourage all my patients to do," Dr. Holly Gooding, assistant professor of medicine and pediatrics at Harvard Medical School told radio station WBUR.
She added that exercising and eating fruits and vegetables are healthy measures for all—even those not trying to lose weight—and heavily cautioned against skipping meals.
One diet plan developed by a Dr. Daniel Amen, a Christian and a physician is a church-based weight loss program known as the Daniel Plan.
As CBN News reported in February, though classes last six weeks, the diet is intended as a lifelong discipline.
One Hampton Roads couple say they turned their lives around with the Daniel Plan. Before following the diet, Phyllis Neill says she suffered from pain, depression, and sleeplessness due to a number of health issues.
She ultimately lost 65 pounds, stopped taking medications, felt happy and began sleeping like a baby. She attributes much of her success to the faith element of the plan.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.