We hire lawyers to consult with us about legal matters.
We hire accountants to provide financial advice and guidance.
We hire engineers to design and produce our inventions and products.
But what do we do when our products aren't selling, our advertising investment seems to disappear into a dark hole and our revenue isn't covering our expenses?
Someone must be blamed!
"Facebook didn't show our message to enough people." "We sent an email message for three weeks and didn't receive a single reply." "We advertised in a top magazine and nothing happened."
Social media doesn't work.
Email marketing doesn't work.
Advertising doesn't work.
There is one common ingredient in all forms of marketing and advertising. Every message we send must be populated with words. Good words. Better words. The best words.
Words move people to buy. All that any medium can do is deliver words written by people who describe the product or service in hopes of winning a customer. In far too many cases, the words are not written by a craftsman.
Words are words, right? Why would I need a professional writer? Why would I need a lawyer, accountant or engineer? Some services demand well-trained, experienced and competent professionals.
Words matter. Common advertising seems easy to write. "We can do this in-house. We know this business better than a writer. We know how to speak with our customers."
Advertising writing seems easy because we have been consumers of words since around the age of 7. We have heard it all. We've read it all.
So we write like everyone else writes. And we wait for results.
When results don't come, we rarely stop to consider the impotent words of an advertisement or email message. Our accusatory finger extends to a medium. "See? It doesn't 'work.'"
It's amazing how great words produce amazing results in any medium. The copywriting formula used by professionals follows a strict process of research, discovery, writing, re-writing and testing.
Imagine how you will feel when a professional writer submits a copy platform to you that is different in every way from any message you have read about your product. Advertising copy is a unique combination of science and art.
If you want to see a change in your marketing results, seek a professional copywriter.
If you'd like to receive a free evaluation of the words you use in your messaging, send me an email, and I'll write a few suggestions on how you can make an immediate improvement in your copy.
I truly believe Jesus gifted me to write Spirit-led messages to a Christian audience.
Dr. Steve Greene is the publisher and executive vice president—Media Group, Charisma Media. Sign up here for Dr. Greene's newsletters.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details