If we talk bad about ourselves, we probably speak badly about others.
Negative self-talk is dangerous because we hear the words and begin to believe them.
I sometimes call myself names on the golf course. I repeat scripts I heard in my childhood,
I verbally describe my golf game as would a television sports commentator; "Bob, what's this kid doing in a golf tournament? He has no talent!"
Long ago I decided, I battle competitive forces every day at the office, I don't want to compete on the golf course.
So why do I ridicule myself following a bad shot or six?
Why would any of us ever engage in bad self-talk?
We all need to find our answer to that question. Certainly, we need to change our thinking about our worth to the Father. We need to speak to our strengths and value.
We hear enough negative words from others. We don't need to join the party.
Speak well of yourself and perhaps we can keep His commandment to "love your neighbor as yourself."
Lead yourself with love.
"But none of these things deter me. Nor do I count my life of value to myself, so that I may joyfully finish my course and the ministry which I have received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God" (Acts 20:24).
Dr. Steve Greene is the publisher and executive vice president—Media Group, Charisma Media. Sign up here for Dr. Greene's newsletters.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details