Through many years of research, scientists and anthropologists have concluded that most people have the same basic fears that generally relate to uncertainty and change. Leaders must, therefore, must present a way forward through every present fog.
The success of any leader will depend largely upon transforming fears of the unknown into clarity of vision and passionate commitment to the desired future. It is not enough for the leader to see a bright future. The leader must consistently build belief in others that what we are doing today will produce a vividly defined future.
It is not sufficient to tell a team that "tomorrow will be better, and everything will work out in the long run." We've heard all that before. Leaders must paint a picture with grand detail while avoiding vague promises.
We can define the future without the offering of weak promises. We gain a desired outcome by the achievement of focus.
Focus is discriminating. Focus helps us let go of things that could bind our future. The leader must demonstrate how doing one thing well with nauseating repetition, catalyzes the fuel to empowerment.
Clarity is driven by focus. It frees an organization to thrive. It helps our community of customers to understand our value. If our team is confused about who we are and what we do, the marketplace will gravitate to a company with a more clearly defined value.
The apostle Paul exhorts us "do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind ..." (Rom. 12:2). He also reminds us to "be anxious for nothing." We may from time to time develop anxiety about the future. But if we trust in the Lord, who lights our path, we have a clear and certain future.
The Lord leads with clarity. Teach me, Lord, to do the same.
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and supplication with gratitude, make your requests known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will protect your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus" (Phil. 4:6-7).
Dr. Steve Greene is the publisher and executive vice president—Media Group, Charisma Media. Sign up here for Dr. Greene's newsletters.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details