September has been tough for stock investors, according to financial blog Bespoke, and history says the last day of September may deliver one more blow to already battered markets.
A Bespoke report examining data as far as 1945, the S&P 500 has posted positive returns at just 38 percent on the last day of September, making it one of the worst trading days of the year.
"September has marked a particularly rough stretch for the S&P 500, with only the week of Sept. 11 closing higher as China's slowdown, global economic uncertainties, and lack of clarity on the timing of the Federal Reserve's expected interest-rate hike have shaken investor confidence," MarketWatch reports.
MarketWatch markets reporter Sue Chang concludes: "If Wednesday's trading action follows the historical trend, things could get worse for investors before they get better."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details