According to a recent survey, the majority of Americans believe nonprofits are wasting money—particularly when it comes to overhead.
Sixty-two percent of respondents believe nonprofits spend more than what is reasonable on expenses such as administration and fundraising.
Americans believe that for every dollar given to a nonprofit, around 22 cents should be spent on overhead expenses. That’s in comparison to the 36 cents those same people believe is spent for every dollar.
According to Ron Sellers, president of Ellison Research, “Most people really don’t know much about how non-profits operate. But even when people are misinformed, their perceptions still influence how they make giving decisions.
That’s why it’s so important to understand how people perceive charities in general, as well as why individual non-profits really need to learn how their own donors or potential donors see them.”
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer