Read Time: 2 Minutes 59 Seconds
Writer's Note: Desperate to ram the LGBTQ agenda down your throat before the midterms, House Democrats are pushing the equivalent of the "Equality Act 2.0." But like a bad movie sequel, this version is even worse than the original "Equality Act," as it not only seeks to impose the LGBTQ agenda everywhere and on everyone, but also seeks to impose abortion protections on states far more radical than Roe v. Wade. Democrats have introduced H.Res. 1209, the so-called "Transgender Bill of Rights," and it has 97 co-sponsors! Democrats want to put extreme LGBTQ politicians and abortion advocates in full authority over you and your family. Your speech, social media, websites, church, schools, day care, work, insurance plans, medical care and more will be affected. But we can stop this bill if we act now.
In the United Kingdom, public disagreement with the LGBTQ agenda, if perceived to be insulting, can result in fines or even jail time. Consider what happened to outspoken British believers:
The late evangelist Harry Hammond was arrested, charged and convicted under U.K. hate speech laws for displaying a sign with the words, "Jesus gives peace, Jesus is Alive. Stop immorality, Stop homosexuality, Stop lesbianism. Jesus is Lord."
And a street preacher named Stephen Green was arrested for handing out pamphlets that called homosexuality a sin.
This assault on freedom, and more, will come to the U.S. if we do not STOP the Transgender Bill of Rights.
Among other things, the Transgender Bill of Rights will do all the following and more:
- Force female students to allow biological males in their sports, bathrooms, showers, locker rooms and all private spaces.
- Force religious organizations, churches, employers, childcare and schools to hire LGBTQ staff members, pay for opposite-sex hormones and surgeries, including abortion.
- Force religious hospitals and medical professionals to perform "sex-change" surgeries and abortion.
- Force "ethical health care" by especially recruiting doctors to perform surgeries to cut off healthy body parts and perform abortions.
- Silence professional counselors from helping people overcome unwanted same-sex attractions, behaviors and gender confusion.
- Eliminate gender on some state and federal documents and allow for "X" to replace M or F on identification documents.
- Force families who rent out a room in their home to include LGBTQ individuals, even drag queens intent on grooming their children.
- Mandate federally forced abortion and LGBTQ special privileges—all rolled into one.
I know it is hard to believe, but the "Q" in LGBTQ includes about 550 sexually deviant paraphilias—including pedophilia.
The activist group LGBTQ Nation states: "A queer definition ... goes far beyond mere sexual orientation or gender identity."
The "Q in LGBTQ can also signify other sexual orientations and genders not covered by the acronym's preceding letters. If you're gender-neutral, non-binary, agender, genderfluid, pansexual, asexual, solosexual or something else not covered by LGBT, the Q has got you covered!"
And if this outrageous measure passes, you will not escape its reach.
The Transgender Bill of Rights will also make abortion a federal right, and every state law—including parental notification and consent, informed consent and doctor regulations—will be preempted and our 50-year fight to overturn Roe v. Wade will have been for naught.
Liberty Counsel continues to fight for religious freedom, fight against the COVID shot mandates and defend pro-life heroes like Sandra Merritt.
For the original article, visit our content partners at lc.org.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.