Former President Donald Trump is striking back at the "Big Tech" giants like Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, and it is clear that he has the financial means to do it.
Nine months after he was expelled from the above social media giants, who accused him for his alleged role in the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection, Trump announced that he's launching a new media company with its own social platform. Trump Media and Technology Group will launch a new social media app called TRUTH Social, which he hopes will compete with the likes of sites such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. A press release from TMTG billed the app as "a rival to the liberal media consortium."
In the statement, Trump says his goal in launching the new app is to "create a rival to the Big Tech companies that have shut him out and denied him the megaphone that was paramount to his rise to the presidency of the United States in 2016.
"We live in a world where the Taliban has a huge presence on Twitter, yet your favorite American President has been silenced," the statement said. "This is unacceptable."
The Associated Press reported that "conservative voices actually do well on traditional social media. On Wednesday, half of Facebook's top 10 performing link posts were from conservative media, commentators or politicians, according to a daily list complied by a New York Times technology columnist and an internet studies professor using Facebook's own data."
A beta version of the new platform will be available to invited guests in November, Brietbart reported.
Not surprisingly, the Breitbart story met with a great deal of approval and disapproval from readers:
Cho-Talibiden commented, "He'll have 100 million subscribers by the end of its first month."
"if Trump is posting, I'll be there. It's highly entertaining." – Michael Parker
"Having been in Facebook jail several times for disparaging the platform for its censorship, I can personally tell you they leave things totally ambiguous so they can exercise with whatever agenda they want without having to answer for it. At least it's laid out plainly in TruthSocial's TOS." – David Keith
The Palm Beach Post reported that TMTG also "intends to launch a subscription video on-demand service that will feature 'non-woke' entertainment programming, news, podcasts and more."
TMTG was formed using a special purpose acquisition company, or SPAC, which the Securities and Exchange Commission's website says is a "popular vehicle for various transactions, including transitioning a company from a private company to a publicly traded company."
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details